When activating the Management Gateway an Unexpected Error may occur and result in the message: "Activation failed due to an unexpected error". This issue has been rarely seen and may have multiple causes. Other symptoms are the ability to successfully activate for a 45-day trial and a full restore of the Management Gateway doesn't fix the problem. Several different credentials and activating via email fail as well.
Certain certificate files located on the Management Gateway may have become corrupted or were created incorrectly.
Please remove all certificate files located on the Management Gateway. These files will be regenerated when activation takes place again.
- Get to a command prompt on the Management Gateway and elevate rights. There are two ways of doing this:
- If you're at the Management Gateway itself, press ALT + F2, right-click, and select "xterm". Once at the prompt elevate rights by typing "SUDO SH" and entering the "admin" users password.
- If you're using SSH, login via the "admin" account and elevate rights by typing "SUDO SH" and entering the "admin" users password again.
- Delete or move all files in the following location: /root/.activate/
- Activate the Management Gateway with the correct credentials.