How to create a child incident and have all the details from the parent automatically populate on the child
From an incident, if you want the details of the original incident to copy over to the child incident then these are the steps to accomplish that.
Object Designer Changes
1. Create a new Incident Management Business Object using the (Object creation wizard) and call it "Child Incident User".
2. Only check name in the wizard (Uncheck the other values)
3. Give all permissions to the analyst role
4. For the type of Business object use "created from incident"
5. Select Finish
6. Before saving the Business Object Drag User from system up to this Business object.
7. Double click on incident object and find Child incident user object and click on it and take collection off the description of the name.
8. Right click and modify the action name and call it "populate child incident".
9. Now Save.
Window Designer Changes
1. Design a window and put the Name and User field on this window with the other desired attributes.
Process Designer Changes
1. In Process designer go into the current incident processes
2. Remove "create child incident" action from all status's
3. Add an action instance to the process for populate child incident.
4. Go into action instance date so it says child Incident.
5. Right below add an automatic action instance of create child instance
6. In all the fields in the create child incident use the runtime values from incident. Use User only for the User field from this newly created business object but all the other fields will come from the original Incident collection.
Service Desk - All Versions