LANDesk allows for the configuration of a single username and password for managing Virtual OS Hosts. Using the ESX web services and can be accessed and some inventory information can be obtained. This document describes how to configure the LANDesk Virtual OS Hosts username and password and how to discover and get basic information from Virtual OS Hosts.
Note: Management Suite talks to an ESX web interface to get the discovery information. Please refer to the following VMWare knowledgebase article for more information:
Note: ESX* 5 is supported in LDMS 9.5.1(9.5 service pack 1) and higher.
The following steps will walk you through configuring LANDesk Virtual OS hosts.
- Open the LANDesk Management Suite Console on the Core server.
- Click on Configure | Services.
- Click on the OS Virtualization tab.
- Enter the Credentials needed to access the Web Console for the ESX server.
- Click OK.
- Click on Tools | Configuration | Unmanaged Device Discovery
- Click the Scan Networks button.
- Click New and give the Scan Configuration a name.
- Click More >> to expand the addition options.
- Check the Discover Virtual Hosts.
- Uncheck all other options.
- Enter the Starting and Ending IP address for the range you would like to scan.
- Click Add.
- Click Scan now.
- After the Scan completes click Close.
- Click on Virtual Hosts in Unmanaged Device Discovery.
- Right click on the ESX servers that appear and choose Move to Inventory Database.
- The ESX server will now show under Virtual OS Hosts | All virtual Hosts.
- Right Click on the ESX server and choose Inventory Scan.
- After the scan completes Right click on the ESX server and choose Inventory.
- You will see the inventory for the ESX server including all the Clients that are running on the ESX server.