When Logging into the Remote Console the following error is returned:
Invalid Authorization Specification - Invalid Connection String Attribute
If you open the Remote Registry of the core server from the remote console machine, It will show up but when selecting the HKLM it errors with:
Cannot open HKEY_Local_Machine: error while opening key.
It may also show a message asking to make sure the Remote Registry service is running.
- Verify that the Remote Registry Service is running on the Core Server.
- Verify that the Registry has the correct permissions.
- On the Core Server open the Registry.
- Verify that "Everyone" has read access permissions to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry keys.
Verify that Users have access to the "HKLM/Software/LANDesk/Management Suite/Core/Connections/Local" (for 32 bit Operating System)
or "HKLM/Software/Wow6432/LANDesk/Management Suite/Core/Connections/Local" (for 64 bit Operating System) registry Key.
- Check if access permissions are available
Continue on if you still receive the error "Cannot open HKEY_Local_Machine: error while opening key" when opening a Remote Registry
- On the Core Server Registry check permissions of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ SecurePipeServers\winreg"
- Verify that users (whether that be "Everyone" or "Domain Users" have read access to this key. Any user that needs to login to a Remote Landesk Management Suite console will need at least read access to this key. (LANDesk Administrators, LANDesk Managementsuite and LANDesk Script Writers local groups)
- After allowing these permissions Remote Console users should be able to login.
This information is based on the Following MS Knowledge Base Articles: