The Scheduler Service stops after each completed task.
- This issue has been resolved by verifying the COM+ credentials were replaced with valid credentials.
- Verify the User associated with the Scheduler Service is not locked out in Active Directory.
- See this community article for more informationIssue: Scheduled task cannot be started
Steps to Change the User On the LANDESK COM+ Objects
- START -> PROGRAMS -> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS -> Component Services
- In the MMC that comes up, expand ... CONSOLE ROOT -> COMPONENT SERVICES -> COMPUTERS -> MY COMPUTER -> COM+ APPLICATIONS
- Spot the "LANDesk" and "LANDesk1" COM+ objects.
- Right-click the "LANDesk" container, and select "PROPERTIES"
- In the new window that comes up, click on the IDENTITY tab
- Specify an Active Directory User. This account allows LANDESK to resolve Active Directory Groups against your Domain Controller. A Domain Administrator account is recommended here. It is also recommenced to use an Active Directory User account that does not change the password. Having the password change increases the likely hood of this setting being forgotten about and stop working again.
- Click "OK".
- Repeat steps 4 - 7 for "LANDesk1" as well.
- When done, run an "iisreset".