When clicking the update button on the gateway you receive an message no patches found.
This will happen for one of two reasons
1. There are no current patches needed
2. DNS resolution issue to the patch server or port blockage
In the case that you know you need a patch for the Gateway appliance take the following steps to resolve the issue
The LANDesk patch servers are
- patch.landesk.com - west coast server
- Patchec. landesk.com - east coast server
- patchemea.landesk.com - EMEA server
The patch servers need to be resolved by DNS or an entry in the host file (/ect/Hosts) will need to be created.
Depending on patch level of the gateway a "Host names" tab may be present under System on the GSB (web interface) page
If not you can manually create an entry in the hosts file via SSH or console access.
From a console (SSH) session
1. Change directories to /Etc
· cd /etc
Note: you can use pwd at any time to see current working directory.
2. Use the ls command (ls) to show all files
· Look for hosts
3. Use the vi command (vi) to edit the host file
· vi hosts
· type i (this will enter insert mode) arrow down to a clean line and enter the patch server and ip address information (use the existing entries as a template)
· press the ESC key (To return to command mode)
· type ZZ ( Theses need to capital Z ) (To save the file and quit vi)
Note: For current IP address please ping the patch server of your choice.
The patching process downloads a list of the updates via HTTPS so pacth.landesk.com must be reachable on port 443.
The actual patches are downloaded from patch.landesk.com via HTTP so patch.landesk.com must be reachable on port 80.