Activation is not working automatically through the Gateway. Activation fails when putting in the correct license information. The Email process of activating the Gateway works.
DNS resolution with the License Activation server or port blockage
In the case that you know you need to automatically maintain Activation licensing on the Gateway appliance take the following steps to resolve the issue
The LANDesk License Activation server is:
license.landesk.com - 22.214.171.124
The license server needs to be resolved by external DNS or an entry in the host file (/ect/Hosts) will need to be created.
Depending on patch level of the gateway a "Host names" tab may be present under System on the GSB (web interface) page
If not, you can manually create an entry in the hosts file via SSH or console access.
From a console (SSH) session
1. Change directories to /Etc
- cd /etc
- Note: you can use pwd at any time to see current working directory.
2. Use the ls command (ls) to show all files
- ls -ahl
3. Use the vi command (vi) to edit the host file
- vi hosts
- type i (this will enter insert mode)
- Arrow down to a clean line and enter the patch server and ip address information (use the existing entries as a template)
- Press the ESC key (To return to command mode)
- Type ZZ ( Theses need to capital Z ) (To save the file and quit vi)
Note: For current IP address please ping the license server. (license.landesk.com)
The gateway needs to have port 80 access (bi-directional) to the license server.