To manually install the ActiveX Viewer on a client computer, complete these steps:
1. Log on to the client computer as the local administrator.
2. Locate the ActiveXViewer.cab file depending on the version of Crystal Reports that is installed:
Crystal Reports XI - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\crystalreportviewers11\ActiveXControls
Crystal Reports 10 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\crystalreportviewers10\ActiveXControls
Crystal Reports 9 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\crystalreportviewers\ActiveXControls
3. Copy the ActiveXViewer.cab file to the client computer.
4. Extract the .cab file into a local folder.
5. Right-click the Crviewer.inf (Crviewer9.inf for Crystal Reports 9) file and then and click 'Install'.
If the ActiveXViewer is still not installed after completing these steps or you cannot locate CrystalXViewer.cab in the locations specifed above, try the following:
1. Copy the ActiveXViewer.cab from C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Viewers on the web server to the workstation
2. Extract the cab file to a temporary folder
3. Copy Crviewer.dll, Sviewhlp.dll and Swebrs.dll to the C:\windows\system32 folder on the workstation and registered each of the dlls using 'regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\Crviewer.dll'. An easy way to register these dlls is to copy regsvr32.exe from C:\windows\system32 to the desktop, open the folder containing the dlls in a windows explorer window and drag all the dll files onto the Regsvr32.exe file you copied to the desktop. A message box will appear stating the dll was registered successfully, click OK on each of these.
This will need to be repeated for all workstations which need to run crystal reports from Helpdesk Internet Edition.