LANDesk Security and Patch News
· (April 12, 2010) Microsoft is providing the Browser Choice update to comply with a legal settlement with the European Commission. Microsoft is required to inform customers who currently use Internet Explorer as their default browser that there are other web browser choices available. You can use the Browser Choice update to select and install the web browser you want to use on your computer.Microsoft does not provide an easily accessible download URL for 976002. The steps listed below provides a way to access the patch outside of the Microsoft update process.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Log on http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx and install ActiveX Control.
2. Search 976002 by entering "976002" into the search box.
3. Select the patch by clicking "Add" and it will be added to your basket.
4. Click the basket icon
5. Click the "Download" button in "Updates in your basket" web page.
6. Choose a location to save the patch and then click "Continue" button.
7. Rename the patches to the unique filenames listed in the vulnerability definition and copy them to the location that the LDMS core server uses to save patches.
· Please visit the following page for more details:
· Vulnerability ID –976002_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – None
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2010 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.