From Service Desk 7.2.3 and onward you can use a reminder to send a notification. As reminders are not available in previous versions, this article describes a workaround.
Step by Step:
- Go to process to edit
- Within service desk console go to designers shortcut then select process designer shortcut.
- In the process windows select the module Process and click once on + to extend other module.
- Select Incident management then Incident.
- Deactivate the process to edit it
- You will have to make sure the process you edit is not the default process (if so select an other process and select set as default on action window)
- Then you need to deactivate the process required by highlighting the process then select deactivate process in action window.
- The process X will now have a pause symbol on it.
- Edit the process
- Double click the process to edit the action Assignment to open the process.
- The Assignment action highlighted in red on the picture below as been added in order to generate an e-mail to the incident originator that the incident has been closed with a personalised body in the e-mail using place holder to include value like incident number.
- Go to property of the action Assigned and you should get the window like the picture display below. You can as well double-click on the action.
(Note that you will have to tick "notify originator" and you also need to select the analyst/role/group)
- Now re-activate the process you just edited.
Now the process will send a notification to the specified user/group/role selected in the assignment action.
Note that we didn't need to use a reminder, as Assignment can generate messages to be sent by mail, like reminders do.