Now that Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan has increased support for Apple's DEP, will LANDesk be adding support?
New DEP features in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan:
- Enrolment Optimisation: This new option keeps the device in the setup assistant until all profiles have been installed by your MDM Server. The setup assistant can then be released. This is supported on iOS 9 and OS X 10.11. This is a great way to make sure the device is completely setup before the user can create an account and log in.
- Account Creation: For OS X 10.11 you will be able to prevent the creation of local accounts, so only allowing network accounts to be used.
- Set Passcode Policy: For OS X 10.11 you will be able to specify password policies for any new account that are created.
- Via MDM, Your MDM Server will be able to create a standard user account for your user to login with.
- Via MDM, Your MDM Server will be able to create an optional hidden admin account.