4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2018 12:46 AM by rhaa

Direct Access URL to specific Workspace (CI Type Layout)

rhaa Apprentice

I Need a Hyperlink to open a specific CI Workspace for CI Type "SoftwareProduct".

I read the Admin help and as far as I know it should work this way (incident for example):

https://myurl/HEAT/Default.aspx?Scope=ObjectWorkspace&CommandId=ShowAll&ObjectType=Incident%23

If I open this Hyperlink, Incident Workspace won't open. If I replace "Incident" and take my CI#SoftwareProduct:

https://myurl/HEAT/Default.aspx?Scope=ObjectWorkspace&CommandId=ShowAll&ObjectType=CI.SoftwareProduct%23

I guess I have 2 Problems. First: Incident Hyperlink does not work and I dont know why. After reading the admin help this should work.

Second: If Incident Hyperlink works, what do I have to take for my specific CIType? I have a specific Layout for this CI Type and want to upen it via Hyperlink.

• 1. Re: Direct Access URL to specific Workspace (CI Type Layout)
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

Hi rhaa,

Command=ShowAll appears to be related to SelfService and working via the MyItem workspace in the background in all the examples.  I don't think it works outside that context (though it may).

What you can use instead for other roles to get all results is the CommandId=Search.  For MOST objects you can then use this string for the CommandData to search for records where RecId field is not empty: &CommandData=RecId%2c%210

One more thing to note, when referencing an extended object type you'll need the "%23" in the middle rather than at the end.  You can see this in the help file examples where they open up Task.Assignment.  This is intuitive if you observe the format of the BO Name in the AdminUI:

So to open the Task Workspace and "search for all records" you could use this:

{tenantURL}/Default.aspx?&Scope=ObjectWorkspace&CommandId=Search&ObjectType=Task%23Assignment&CommandData=RecId%2c%210

I hope this helps!

Jon

• 2. Re: Direct Access URL to specific Workspace (CI Type Layout)
            rhaa Apprentice

Thank you! Your Explanation was helpful to understand how HEAT Urls work.

Your suggested URL works but unfortunately does not open the disired Workspace.

--> {tenantURL}/Default.aspx?&Scope=ObjectWorkspace&CommandId=Search&ObjectType=CI%23Softwareproduct&CommandData=RecId%2c%210

If I use this, CI Workspace opens and shows all CIType = Softwareproduct.

But what I want is to open Softwareproduct Workspace (see Screenshots below).

We use a different Layout for this CIType because we need a List that contains only specific Attributes from this CIType.

This List should replace a SharePoint List we actually use to manage our Software Products.

I need to replace an old URL (hyperlink to SharePoint List) by a new URL to open the CI.IDS_SoftwareProduct Layout.

• 3. Re: Direct Access URL to specific Workspace (CI Type Layout)
              Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

I tried to mirror your setup as closely as I could and it works for me.  What version are you in?

Using this URL pattern:

{tenant URL}\Default.aspx?&Scope=ObjectWorkspace&CommandId=Search&ObjectType=CI%23SoftwareProduct&CommandData=RecId%2c%210

I get the expected workspace:

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Direct Access URL to specific Workspace (CI Type Layout)
                rhaa Apprentice

this URL works! Thank you very much for your help.