1 of 1 people found this helpful
Look to see if the Data Import Windows service is running on the application server. This service controls wether or not the Data Imports occur.
Do you only have the one Data Import ? If you have more than one, are they running ?
If the service is not running, none of your imports will run....
I'd also check any log files generated by data import as that usually gives a strong clue, like the username used for AD linkage having an old password.
What is the name of the service? I verified that all services referencing TouchPaper are indeed running on our application server.
Yes, we are only running one import - the rest of the imports reside from Management Suite.
The Touchpaper DataImport Engine is running - I did restart it again, but that did not resolve the issue. I also moved the scheduled import back three hours thinking that it was running while the application was being accessed - still no import.
When you open that data import in the Data Import tool you should see it referencing a log file. If you check that log file do you see any errors that would indicate why it didn't import? Does the application log show any errors?
Here is an example of what I am seeing in the log: The scheduled import is not failing, however no records are being pulled in. (the last successful import was on 6/9 - see 766 records below)
6/9/2010 9:00:36 AM : There was an Object Type Missmatch. System.Analyst != System.EndUser (White, Craig)
6/9/2010 9:00:38 AM : ProcessMappings: Record = 766
6/9/2010 9:00:38 AM : Import Ended
6/9/2010 9:00:38 AM : This import took 00:00:37
6/11/2010 9:00:00 AM : Import Started
6/11/2010 9:00:07 AM : ProcessMappings: Record = 0
6/11/2010 9:00:07 AM : Import Ended
6/11/2010 9:00:07 AM : This import took 00:00:07
We have made the following changes, but I am unsure on how I can identify how the import is setup (other than what is showing under Administration/Data Import/Import Mappings).
1. started a new buildout of a new Exchange Mail infrastructure
2. upgraded our Domain Controller from Server 2003 R2 to Server 2008 R2
3. made changes to the domain controller so if LANDesk is looking for a certain Domain Controller by name and it is tied to Montana, it is no longer around
It's often useful to build a query based on the connection object.
Then you can see what the source data is.
If the query is empty then the problem is with the connection rather than the import.
If the query is full then the import is the issue.
In query builder:
Module = Your Connection
Business Object = Your Connection Type.
It is not seeing any records in the connection. Try testing the data connection. Maybe a password has changed or an account has been locked. You can also try creating a query against the data connection. Test the query and see if you get any errors. That might guide you in the right direction.
Where would I find this information? Brett Golas setup this connection so I have no idea what to query off of... I have requested a conference call with Technical Support to help with this (Case 00212092).
You can find it in the "Data Connections" component.
This will usually be in the administration or designer shortcut bar.
If you can't see it there you can add it using the Shortcut Manager.
The Data Connections tree will have an "Active Directory" branch.
The connections will be listed on this branch.
Under those will be your various Connection Types.
If you check the import you're having trouble with the Source box shows the Data Connection & Types.
They are the Module & Business Object respectively.
You can use query builder to build a query on these.
Thank you all for your guidance - this issue has been resolved. We changed servers & did not realize that we put the server name instead of the IP Address.