2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2010 4:18 AM by karenpeacock

Breach order query

Rookie

Hi,

We've had a request to see if there is any easy way of listing incidents by breach order.

Similar posts have been raised (I have searched and viewed) - and am reasonably au faix with how the queries etc work.

I am half anticipating 2 answers in relation to this!

1. Order by colour value

- This is OK, but doesn't specifically list the incidents by the time order of which they will breach i.e. it will list all breached, then ones at the next expiry point etc. so strictly speaking in terms of time value, it doesn't list by chronological order in which ones will breach next

2. Order by expiry point on query based on escalation point

- Pretty much same as above

If there is no easy answer to this other than the above, that's fine - just would like to know if there are any other options.

One other thing I'm trying to find out is what 'Priority Rank' actually means?  If ordered by this, would this achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance,

Eamonn

• 1. Re: Breach order query
          ITSMMVPGroup

If you have 732 there is a new crystal report which looks at when things will breach which sounds to be what you are after.  Worth a look.

In terms of approach my own would be to start with a query using your option 2 escalation expiring times but only include those where the is breach flag is set for that action and also look at excluding those where the escalation status is not expired, cancelled etc.  Pop the status on your query so you can get a reasonable sample.  That should give you a list of incidents that will breach but haven't yet ordered by the expiring time

I suspect Karen will pop up with funking stuff on the aformentioned crystal report in short order :-)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Breach order query
            karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hello Eamonn

I'm popping up like Dave suggested   The report that Dave mentions is described in this article.  It can also be used on earlier versions of the product so if you don't already have a copy you can contact support to request one.  You might also find this article of interest too and this one.

However if you are more interested in using a query rather than a report then there is a step by step example of how this can be achieved on this article here.

Please let us know if this doesn't fulfil your requirement.

Best wishes

Karen