Having an odd issue. On newly imaged devices (Lenovo x220), we install the Advanced Agent (9.0sp2) via group policy. After the client is installed, scans will not run. We get "the Inventory Server 'Core Server FQDN' did not respond". From the same machine we can ping the core by the FQDN and the core is processing all other scans just fine. The machine is part of a domain (different than the core) and we've tested with the machine not in a domain with the same issues. Even stranger, if we leave the machine(s) on for the day, and come back in the a.m., the scans ALL work, no issues. No change to the device/core, nothing. The issue is primarily happening on a single image for these x220's, and can't determine what might be blocking communication with the core. The firewall service is disabled on the client. No AV installed on the client at the time. Thinking it's something in the image or that the LANDesk client is not installing properly on this image. However, why it works the day/hours after the client install is still a mystery.
I just tried the inventory scan using the Core Server Name instead of the FQDN and the scan worked.Both the server name and FQDN are resolvable by the client.
O/S: XP Sp3