Done lab upgrade and went smooth. Upgrade core first then remote consoles and then the clients. Be sure to test and have a recovery/backout plan. There are some issues:
- Console memory leak when display graphs (e.g., every time you view the scheduled taks graph it leaks memory). Just restart the console after a while until it is fixed. Confirmed issue.
- Inventory service may be a little busy with new SLM. http://community.landesk.com/support/message/74497#74497 Unconfirmed.
- A report that the remote control client (webconsole) had to be first uninstalled before the new one would update Unconfirmed.
- List of post patches http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-24787
- Do a full install of the client for client upgrades.
- Changes http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-24538
- Read key articles.
All in all not a bad upgrade comparatively speaking_____________________________________________________________Please consider voting for these ERs:Provide Better Pre/Post LDMS Patch/Sp/.0 Information To The CommunityCumulative Patch List for LANDesk ProductsQuery Builder ImportProvide bulk client deletions without carpal tunnel syndrome.Core Synchronization Allow Mirror functionality from Master Core
Touching on what ZMAN said about the LANDesk Remote Control Console......
You have to uninstall the LANDesk Remote Control Console and reinstall the new version. You can't just go to the webconsole and install on top of the existing. This was confirmed by a LANDesk rep at a user group meeting I attended.
Also if you maintain license keys in SLM they will be gone, the end, with supposedly no way around it. Also this was from the user group meeting.
Also if you maintain license keys in SLM they will be gone, the end, with supposedly no way around it.
This shouldnt be true. The information is still there, but in some cases it might need to be bound again to a product.
Frank is right, it is the product definitions that are gone because the architecture change, not the licenses.
LANDesk Silver ESP
The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements