3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 2:13 AM by Frank Wils

HII with XP & Win7 OSD

Rookie

Hi Guys have a issue for a while now with regards HII and Landesk

XP

I have gone step by step through the HII-Winpe documentation for XP image but get issues when machine attempts the Sysprep Mini Setup.

As I have multiple hardware, I need to be able to provide users with a option of whether they want windows 7 or XP for all the current supported hardware if they have driver support for Win7.

The drivers.db3 has been updated to have the "\" instead of "/" which was initially a problem but somehow it seems when the drivers are deployed within minisetup it goes to the wrong folder to install drivers.

My drivers folder structure on core is as follows

\\coreserver\ldmain\landesk\files\drivers\drivers\drivers.db3

\\coreserver\ldmain\landesk\files\drivers\drivers\Win7

\DELL

\Optiplex 7010

\NIC

\Video etc...

\precision 380

\LENOVO

\X230

\\coreserver\ldmain\landesk\files\drivers\drivers\Winxp

\DELL

\Optiplex 7010

\NIC

\Video etc...

\precision 380

\LENOVO

\X230

Attached is the deployment OSD Script and the sysprep file also

Win 7

Deploying to win 7 is just as bad instead I get a message when system settings are running that the Hardware is not supported.

Both gold images are created on VMware workstation

I can provide the scripts that are used

any Ideas please im loosing patience now with landesk and hardware independant imaging!!! pleaseeee......

• 1. Re: HII with XP & Win7 OSD
          Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

What exact version are you on? If SP3, did you install all postSP3 component patches?

Frank

• 2. Re: HII with XP & Win7 OSD
            Rookie

Hi Frank

Version is 9.0.3.1

How can I confirm that the POST SP3 pacthes have been installed or where is the location?  I have just joined recently and the management are unaware of any further updates being run.

• 3. Re: HII with XP & Win7 OSD
              Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

You can look in the Console under HELP - ABOUT LDMS - MORE INFO. There are all the updates listed.

Please note though, that you have a very nice tree of drivers but that SP3 HII will basically render that useless as the drivers are imported in bulk and the HII client will determine which driver applies to the system. Especially in a mixed XP/Win7/Win8 environment this is known to have some major issues.

If you are interested in a very inexpensive alternative that allows you to use your tree of drivers, sign off specific models, supports WinXP, 7 and 8, both for signed, unsigned and setup-based drivers (also generic and MassStorage and for XP, HAL) please contact me directly

Frank