4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 2:09 AM by aparker

Service Desk Integration into IBM Tivoli, HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, etc

Rookie

I know that LDSD has a variety of connectors and you can create your own, however does anyone know if there are standard interfaces for existing management solutions like the big 3 above?

thanks

• 1. Re: Service Desk Integration into IBM Tivoli, HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, etc
          ITSMMVPGroup

There is an interface for Solar Winds which is very generic and known as Event Manager which allows external apps to log and update and carry out actions.  So which is doesn't have a stamp on it, it will almost certainly do what you need.  And don't forget the generic email interface allows simple integration easily.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Service Desk Integration into IBM Tivoli, HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, etc
            aparker Employee

Hi Daniel,

As Dave has said, we do have the Event Manager module that allows external systems to log and progress processes within LDSD, but can you expand on what you're looking for these interfaces to do. We usually look at a combination of Event Manager, Data Import and the External Connections using the right-click menu to deliver integrated solutions.

Andy

• 3. Re: Service Desk Integration into IBM Tivoli, HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, etc
              Rookie

Dave & Andy,

thanks for yr comments.

Yes I was aware of the SolarWinds connector, and Event Manager, Data Import & External Connectors.

I have a large Public Sector client who has a number of management tools, amongst them IBM, HP & CA. They want Service Desk to be able to receive info from these existing apps while they make the move (possibly) to LANDesk and then phase out the existing tools.

So I know there are generic connectors, I was just wondering if there was anything specific for these 3, seeing as they are fairly large players in the market.

If we would have to use the generic SolarWinds, are you aware of anyone who has already done this into IBM, HP or CA?

thanks again for your replies

dan

• 4. Re: Service Desk Integration into IBM Tivoli, HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, etc
                aparker Employee

Hi Dan,

No we don't have anything specific as we have only really concentrated on building very specific tools for LDMS, SMS/SCCM and ZenWorks. Having said that, the Event Manager is not actually limited to Solarwinds. It is purely a generic web services based tool and will accept feeds from anything that can call the service. This is by design to cater very much for the example you're describing. We can use the same module to provide connectivity to all of these tools. This is the same for the generic right-click connector, it can link to most other systems.

There are two additional things we would need to look at. First, the population of the CMDB in LDSD. How do we ensure that the devices that may being referenced by HP etc are in our database. This may come from other sources, but using the generic data import we can populate them directly from the management tools' database.

Second, is there any specific functionality we might want to access from LDSD. In this case we would build the required link and provide it on the right-click menu. Please be aware that the right-click menu is not currently available in Web Desk.

Andy