2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 3:56 PM by colster

How can I update an image's registry pre-sysprep stage?

colster Rookie

Hello,

I wish to update the registry of a XP image post image and driver drop but pre sys-prep, I can succesfully inject the drivers into the image however when I try to update the registry it's of course updating the WinPE registry, I need away to update the actual image's registry...

"TESTIMAGER","OK",0,0:01:43,07/04/2010 13:21:14,07/04/2010 13:22:57,"cmd /c copy i:\drv c:\drv /s /y"
      "TESTIMAGER","OK",0,0:00:01,07/04/2010 13:22:57,07/04/2010 13:22:58,"cmd /c regedit /s i:\ldnr\single.reg"

I need something similar Jan Beulens LdPrep - I couldn't see a way to manipulate this to my cause - does any one know of a way?

Thanks,

Colster

• 1. Re: How can I update an image's registry pre-sysprep stage?
          JeremyG Apprentice

Assuming you want to modify the HKLM hive, do it like this:

REG LOAD HKLM\Software1 C:\Windows\System32\Config\software      

Then modify everything in HKLM\Software1 that you would normally modify in HKLM\Software

If you want to try this from the GUI, just click on HKLM and then click File --> Load Hive, and browse to the file name C:\Windows\System32\Config\software  ("software" is a file with no file extension, which is the actual registry hive) and give it the name "Software1"

As good practive always run this when you're done with edits:

REG UNLOAD HKLM\Software1

• 2. Re: How can I update an image's registry pre-sysprep stage?
            colster Rookie

Hi Jeremy,

Indeed reg load, and reg unload were what I needed though I had problems saving it back to the image as it corrupted it, I'm sure I could of resolved that but I ended up using Jan's InjectMsd which I was advised is agnostic to the contenct of the .reg file...

Thanks

Colster