Interestingly, if I replace the hostname with the IP address in the following lines from my Console.exe.config:
then I can login and run LANDesk Console as usual. I've successfully ping'd the <hostname>, so I've got a connection to the App Server and the DNS lookup appears to be working.
I don't know if this helps give a clue to what is wrong with my LANDesk Console setup, but if it does then it's unfortunately beyond my knowledge.
I also had the same error. It is a strange one as other users within our department can access with the hostname and others with the IP address. If the users get the server unavailable error i change their config file to show the IP address.
Yeah, we get the same thing - some people can access using the hostname, others can only access using the IP address.
I actually had to reinstall the LANDesk Console on my machine this morning (following a system rebuild), and the Console can now log on properly using the hostname. However we still have machines that require the IP address instead ...