3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2010 11:20 AM by egarlepp

Scan .jpg files in a specific computer

Rookie

Hi there!

How can I scan for all .jpg files in a specific computer?
      Should I modify only the LdAppl3.ini in it?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Scan .jpg files in a specific computer
          egarlepp Employee

It already keeps track of inventory on media files under the Multimedia Files section.  I am not sure you want to list the JPG files in inventory as it may slow down the scanner considerably..

• 2. Re: Scan .jpg files in a specific computer
            Rookie

thanks for reply.

Yes, I want to list all files with .jpg extension that exists in a computer.

It is possible?

• 3. Re: Scan .jpg files in a specific computer
              egarlepp Employee

It needs to be put into the LdAppl3.Template under the following section(below) and then run make available to client to rebuild ldappl.  I have never tried this for JPG, but be aware the listings in teh software section under package will exponentially grow and could cause DB issues. I would try this on a test core prior to production, as you don't want to kill your DB/core.

; ScanExtensions lists the extensions that will be searched for.
              ; Regardless of what is entered in the Applications section, if the extension
              ; of the file is not listed here, the application will not be found.
              ; This list is currently limited to 40 extensions.  If there are more than 40
              ; extensions, only the first 40 will be used.
              ScanExtensions=.exe
              ;ScanExtensions=.exe .com .sys .nlm .lan .dll .hlp .lvl .crh .lib .run .jar .dat