4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 4:11 AM by iqmarc

Can't find specific tables

Rookie

Hello guys,

i have a problem concerning to a custom report.

I just want to create a report that gives me an overview about our software licenses.

I am able to find all fields for the query designer (ireport), but i can't finde the filed which shows me the product name and the liceses used.

Please see attached, it's the first column.

The field "Gekauft" (bought) is SLM_SoftwareLicense_Quantity, "Verwendet" (Used) = SLM_SoftwareLicense_QuanDistrituted.

In which tables are Name and "Nicht verwendet" (Not used).

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Marc

• 1. Re: Can't find specific tables
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Which version of LDMS is this for?

SLM has changed quite a bit, table-wise, between 8.8 and 9.0 - so knowing which one you're looking at would help .

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

Edit:

D'oh - the iReport should give it away - it's 9.0. I'm not sure whether we keep that count in the DB, or whether we calculate it - I'll have a look at it tomorrow, if I can, as I'm about to run off for my train... shouldn't be too hard to find.

• 2. Re: Can't find specific tables
            Rookie

Good morning Paul,

thanks for you replay, we are using Version 9.0.0.473.

Greetings

Marc

• 3. Re: Can't find specific tables
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

It would appear that this is a mathematicaly function we do ... fairly simply really (as you rightly found, the SLM_SoftwareLicense table is the one to look at).

The rest is simple maths, really - i.e. the "Quantity" field (the # of licenses you purchased) subtracted by your actual license count (the "QuanDistributed") ... so that's done on the fly, rather than stored in the database.

EDIT:

Doesn't look like you can use SQL functions to do the maths for you, regrettably. The mathematical functions don't lend themselves to 'simple' arithmetic like that (which may be why we do the calculations in the code on the fly).

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Can't find specific tables
                Rookie

Great, thanks four your help, this is the way i would have done it if the specific field is not available.

Many Greetings

Marc