7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 4:38 PM by scottunify

Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent

Apprentice

Hi all

When the scheduled LANDesk Scan runs on some machines, a DOS box pops-up on screen (screenshot attached).  I have compared the LocalSch.log of an affected machine with a non-affected machine but there is no difference, both execute the following command:-

C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\LDIScn32.EXE /NTT=LDSLAN01:5007 /S=LDSLAN01  /I=HTTP://LDSLAN01/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /NOUI

Without having to wait for the next scheduled scan to begin, I can replicate it but running this command manually.

How can we make these machines execute a SILENT scheduled scan please?

Thanks
      Scott

• 1. Re: Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent
          Employee

That screen shot doesn't show that anything is running with NOUI, additionally it looks to be running from within a vbscript.  That is not a locally scheduled scan, nor a scan being done by being typed into the command line.

Where is that scan coming from?

• 2. Re: Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent
            Apprentice

The DOS box was caused by a cscript command in the LDSCNHLP.INI file.  Changed to wscript and the DOS box no longer appears during a scheduled scan (thanks to LANDesk Support!).  We tried cscript.exe //nologo and cscript.exe //B but both show the DOS box when executed so we'll stick with wscript which seems to work fine for our needs.

We've tried to xcopy a file in the custom script, we get "done - no error" but the file is not copied.  Here's is the custom script:-

---------

[MACHINES]

REMEXEC00="\\server\share\FindPSTs\PreReq.bat"

REMEXEC01=xcopy /Q /R /Y "\\server\share\FindPSTs\FindPST.vbs" "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient"

---------

I have tried with and without quotes, without the xcopy switches but makes no difference.  How can we xcopy files using a custom script?

Can you help please?

Thanks

Scott

• 3. Re: Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent
              Employee

OK, so you are implementing 3rd party changes?  That explains a lot.  By default that file only shows the location of a data file.  It shouldn't attempt to execute anything, especially not something through vbscript.

Can you try your copy custom script by doing a REMCOPY instead of REMEXEC command?  You should be able to simply copy the file down in that way without attempting to map a drive/execute a move command.

This document should help:

How to use REMCOPY in a custom script

• 4. Re: Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent
                Apprentice

I tried to access the link you posted (http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-9098) but my account doesn't appear to have the necessary access to this document:-

"It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake".

Can you or anyone else post a copy of the document please?

Thanks
                Scott

• 5. Re: Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent
                  Employee

How to use REMCOPY in a custom script.

Resolution

When using REMCOPY, you must give three pieces of information: 

1 - Localpath: This is a path to the file from the core's perspective

2 - Remotepath: This is a path to the file from the perspective of the machine that the script will be targeting

3 - Direction: This determines whether the file is copied from the remote location, or to the local location (Possible options: FROMREMOTE, or TOREMOTE)

Example Script:

[MACHINES_NT]

REMCOPY0=E:\BACKUP\XPCOMPUTER05\File.exe, C:\Folder1\Folder2\File.exe, FROMREMOTE  (This would copy File.exe from C:\Folder1\Folder2\ on the target computer to E:\BACKUP\XPCOMPUTER05\ on the core server)

Example Script:

[MACHINES_NT]

REMCOPY0=\\servername\share\folder1\filename, c:\folder1\folder2\folder3\filename, TOREMOTE  (This sample will copy a file from the server to a WS)

• 6. Re: Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent
                    Apprentice

Thanks for the info and swift response.

I tried the following custom script:-

[MACHINES]

REMCOPY0=\\server\share\FindPSTs\FindPST.vbs, "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\", TOREMOTE

REMCOPY1=\\server\share\FindPSTs\LDSCNHLP.INI", "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\", TOREMOTE

...but get an error on the core server "Could not copy to/from client" and the logfile reads:-

"Machine","CbaStatus","ExitCode","Duration","Begin","End","Command"
                    "LAP1280","ERR_Fail",0,0:00:01,26/04/2010 23:10:51,26/04/2010 23:10:52,"\\server\share\FindPSTs\FindPST.vbs, "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\", TOREMOTE"
                    "LAP1280","ERR_Fail",0,0:00:00,26/04/2010 23:10:52,26/04/2010 23:10:52,"\\server\share\FindPSTs\LDSCNHLP.INI", "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\", TOREMOTE"
                    ; "Job Complete","0 Done","1 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"
                    I have removed the trailing back-slash from the target path and removed quotes from the target path but get the same error.  The files are accessible on the server share.
                    Any ideas where I'm going wrong please?

Cheers

Scott

• 7. Re: Scheduled LDIScn32.exe not silent
                      Apprentice

got it working using the following custom script:-

[MACHINES]
                      REMCOPY0=\\server\share\FindPSTs\FindPST.vbs, %LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\FindPST.vbs, TOREMOTE
                      REMCOPY1=\\server\share\FindPSTs\LDSCNHLP.INI, %LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\LDSCNHLP.INI, TOREMOTE
                      Thanks for your help.
                      Much appreciated!   
                      Scott