2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 1:12 PM by LANDarin

How to imprort contents of LDappl3 template on LD 8.7 to LD9?

Rookie

I tried to copy and past all of our custom entries from the 8.7 core to the LD9 core, make available to clients but the custom stuff does not inventory back.  However if I retype just one of those custom entries in the new LDappl template and make available to clients, that one entrie will now inventory back.

Also is there an easy way to bulk import all the queries we have made from one core server to the other?

• 1. Re: How to imprort contents of LDappl3 template on LD 8.7 to LD9?
          Rookie

We are also experiencing this issue and have a ticket open with support.

• 2. Re: How to imprort contents of LDappl3 template on LD 8.7 to LD9?
            Expert

Steve,

I was notified by Sara that you had posted this question on the forums. I was able to help Sara with not being able to receive custom data from computers after moving to LDMS version 9.0. This is caused by a feature that is added to version 9.0 designed to protect the inventory tree in the database. You can allow custom data to be entered into the database.

On the Core Server

1) Open the 32 bit console

2) Go to Configure | Services

3) Click on the Inventory tab

4) Click on the button labeled Unknown Items

5) Select an item on the list and click Allow

NOTE: I strongly suggest that you please do not disable blocking unknown inventory items. This feature is very important to protecting your inventory from corruption.

Allowing the unknown item allows it for all computers. This is not something that is has to be done when each computer scans in.

About your second question - Is there a way to bulk import queries? The answer is that there is not anything provided by LANDesk to bulk import queries.