3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 4:27 AM by dmshimself

Notify Assignee not working

Apprentice

Hi,

I have set up a reminder that follows an off hold action in my change management process. I have set up both 'Notify Originator' and 'Notify Assignee' check boxes which have a runtime value specified as 'Change/Change Off Hold Collection[]/Notify Originator' & 'Change/Change Off Hold Collection[]/Notify Assignee' respectively. However, the notify originator works but the notify assignee does not.

What factors could affect this? They both seems to be set up exactly the same. And I also have an Off Hold reminder that works fine elsewhere in the process. It seems to be set up exactly the same as this one!

Many thanks for any insight,

Oliver

• 1. Re: Notify Assignee not working
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

On the reminder make sure the current group and current user assignees are copied into the equivalent fields on the reminder using value types.  I agree setting the check box should be the only thing required, but ....

• 2. Re: Notify Assignee not working
            Apprentice

Hi Dave,

Thanks, it is working in my process now. I also need to get it working within a scheduled bulk action but when I open the Window Data for the Add Reminder action, I cannot set value types in the same way.

Is there any way around this?

Regards,

Oliver

• 3. Re: Notify Assignee not working
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

An excellent question.  I think the answer is not directly, but ... create a new wrapper action called 'Nag' and use this in your process followed by a reminder just like you are for other remidners.  Then your bulk action/scheduled action can use the nag action and the process engine will issue the reminder and that can use values types (as you know!)