1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 1:13 PM by jmac

Copy command in batch file does not execute correctly

Rookie

I have a batch file that has been working in version 8 and thought it was in version 9. Today I discovered that the batch file seems to launch after distribution but doesn't produce the required results.

@ECHO ON

copy /Y "c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\LDswlib\FM\FM_Generic\SAP_FM\GUI_XT\guixt.dll" "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\guixt.dll"

copy /Y "c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\LDswlib\FM\FM_Generic\SAP_FM\GUI_XT\guixt.exe" "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\guixt.exe"

copy /Y "c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\LDswlib\FM\FM_Generic\SAP_FM\GUI_XT\CS INI\guixt.ini" "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\guixt.ini"

copy /Y "c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\LDswlib\FM\FM_Generic\SAP_FM\GUI_XT\zguixtf4.txt" "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\zguixtf4.txt"

copy /Y "c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\LDswlib\FM\FM_Generic\SAP_FM\GUI_XT\Pinnacle.dll" "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\Pinnacle.dll"

"c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\LDswlib\FM\FM_Generic\SAP_FM\GUI_XT\sleep.exe" 60

"c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\LDswlib\FM\FM_Generic\SAP_FM\GUI_XT\Executable\guixtsetup.exe" /l0409 /s

EXIT /B

The batch file indicates it copied the file but there was no change to the original file. If I manually perform the batch file it will work.

Any suggesstions?

• 1. Re: Copy command in batch file does not execute correctly
          Expert

Is the purpose of the batch file to just place the files into a directory or is there more to it?

Sorry, let me adjust the previous. Copy the files into a directory and then execute an install from that directory?

If so, I suggest you try IEpress. It comes with all MS OS's and its free. Just open a run line and type in IExpress. Add your files into the package, enter in a command line for the installing exe and then use command line switches to finalize the package installation. Its like making your own MS patch.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197147

Nice thing about it is that it will capture and pass back the return code of the installing exe.