1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2010 7:17 AM by cragsworth

LANDesk Policies? process

Rookie

Does anyone know if there is anything I can run which will kick off the download of the required software policies in LDMS v9 on a client, wait for the installation of the software that the policies are instructing LANDesk to install and return an error code to indicate that whole process worked, a bit like AMCLIENT used to.

I'm finding the Policy.Sync.exe just downloads the policies and another process is spawned to manage the installation of the software.

Just if anyone is wondering why, I'm using another product to build our machines, part of this build process will be to initiate the LANDesk software installs looking for a return code to indicate success or fail. Any help would be appreciated.

Flow diagram would be good of the whole process??

• 1. Re: LANDesk Policies? process
          Rookie

Ok found out that you can run Policy.Sync.exe followed by policy.client.invoker.exe, logic been that Policy.Sync,exe will download required policies, insert into client DB, policy.client.invoker.exe checks DB for jobs and goes away and processes them.

When I try to run policy.client.invoker.exe I get the following which I presume is an error,

Tue, 04 May 2010 21:17:01 832: Policy Invoker version 9.0.0.473 was launched

Tue, 04 May 2010 21:17:01 832: Windows Platform 2, version 6.1

Tue, 04 May 2010 21:17:01 832: Could not start ctrl dispatcher (0x00000427, 1063)