1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2010 2:12 PM by EMiranda

Deploying Windows 7 with Imagew

Rookie

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but I cannot find my particular problem anywhere.

I have captured an image with the imagew utility and created a script to deploy it. I boot the computer into WinPE and select my script. The script runs, as I can see the disk being formatted, then the imagew screen flashes and disappears. This leads me to believe the imagew command that landesk automatically put into the script is wrong. Here is the advanced edit portion of my script:

BEGINWINPE=TRUE
      REMPING18=WINPE, TIMEOUT=1800
      REMEXEC19=drvmap.exe cboki\ldmsadmin 1084A2D132D8A227AD40D6B601D Y: \\coreserver\Packages
      REMEXEC20=drvmap.exe cboki\ldmsadmin 1084A2D132D8A227AD40D6B601D Z: \\coreserver\ldmain
      REMEXEC21=diskpart /s X:\LDClient\wipeDisk0.txt
      REMEXEC22=cmd /c format /Y /FS:NTFS /Q /V:C-DRIVE c:
      REMEXEC23=Z:\osd\imaging\imagew.exe /RN /O Y:\IMAGES\Capture\95FC4B01.IMG, STATUS FACILITY=3513, SYNC
      REMEXEC24=diskpart /s X:\LDClient\assvol.txt
      REMEXEC25=cmd /c copy /y X:\LDClient\guid.pds C:\LDISCAN.CFG
      REMEXEC26=tokreplw C:\LDISCAN.CFG DEVICEID=%Computer - Device ID%
      REMEXEC27=tokreplw C:\LDISCAN.CFG IMAGEPATH=\\coreserver\Packages\IMAGES\Capture\95FC4B01.IMG
      REMEXEC28=reboot, timeout=2

It successfully completes REMEXEC22 and seems to fail on REMEXEC23. Which leads me to my questions:

Is line REMEXEC23 coded correctly? (I have tried adding quotes and putting 0 and 1 next to /R)

Do I need a more up to date version of landesk (currently using 8.7) to deploy Windows 7?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Deploying Windows 7 with Imagew
          EMiranda Expert

I'm not even sure if imagew version 1 supports win7.  I would stick to version 2.0 of imagew, I image windows 7 all the time with it and works great.

First capture your image with version 2.0 then create a deployment script and go into your gui for OSD and change your image tool type to LANDesk ImageW V2

then point to the correct imagew.exe version.

default location is here - \\%core%\LDmain\osd\imagew 2

then you will see switches like these...which work

ldrun i:\imagew.exe /r /o /d:0 /f:"""i:\Images\Win7\win7.TBI""" /rb:0