3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 4:16 AM by phoffmann

How to find out last used date for any application

Rookie

Hi,

I need to find out from Landesk that on how many computers an application is installed and when was the last date it was used by the user.

I can find out the list of computer by running a query. However not sure how can I find the last used date of that application for all the users . Is it possible to get it by running a query?

Thanks and regards,

Sangita

• 1. Re: How to find out last used date for any application
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Sangita,

which version of LANDesk are you using? SLM has changed - rather drastically - between version 8.8 and 9.0 here.

The "simple" answer is that yes, you can find out this information, but not through a LANDesk query, you'll need to query the database (at which point, the question is whether you have a SQL resource / whether you have any SQL skill yourself)?

Depending on what your answers will be, I can give you a few pointers here.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: How to find out last used date for any application
            Rookie

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

We have Landesk version 8.7.

and sorry, I do not have SQL skill also to run a query on database. Please let me know if there is any other options available.

• 3. Re: How to find out last used date for any application
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

8.7 - as far as SLM is concerned - is the same as 8.8, so that's no biggie.

Do you have a DBA / anyone with SQL skills that you can call on? The "easiest" way to do it would definately be through the database.

You could do it through the SLM-UI in the console, but you cannot 'limit' the PC's there (so whilst you can see who used what and when, you cannot group the devices you're interested in out of the devices you don't care about).

If you have no SQL resources at all, the latter may have to be the way to do it (so that you use the SLM UI to get you the data you want, but you need to 'find' your devices one by one, as it were).

Generally I encourage for people to pick up SQL, as no matter how good the product, there comes a time when "advanced queries / operations" will require SQL to be thrown at the database .

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.