can you post your OSD script and any logs?
Of course... This is the latest log; every log is the same since I applied the last patch I described.
The actual error I get when running sdclient manually is:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
abnormal program termination
osd_template.zip 2.5 K
interesting, def. shouldnt be doing that when i run sdclient.exe alone it shows me its switches.
one thought is to replace the boot.wim on your pxe with the current version on your core.
copy the core boot.wim to the pxe boot.wim
core = \\%core%\ldmain\landesk\vboot\boot.wim
pxe = \\%pxe%\c$\Program Files\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\boot\boot.wim
see how that goes...
aplogize, been used to 9.0
on 8.8 the boot image is ldvpe1.img not boot.wim
core = \\%core%\ldmain\landesk\vboot\ldvpe1.img
pxe = \\%pxe%\c$\Program Files\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\ldvpe1.img (i think)
I went back through everything, searching for options, and discovered that my ldvpe1.img was now 186MB, instead of the ~210MB that it was before... I also found that a sdclient copy error can be caused by a too-small image. Resizing it back to 210MB has fixed the sdclient problem.
However, I'm still stumped by the slow network copy of the image. Could this possibly be related to the Broadcom drivers in the image running slowly? I've never seen this before...
which ldvpe1.img was to small? the one on your pxe server or the one on your core, or where they both small?
If the one on your pxe, shrunk then it seems like something happened to that image file and by just expanding the size, you still have the same image so there could be possibility of more corruption, because we can both agree that "something" did happen to that image.
If the one on your core is the default size then try replacing the pxe one or better yet extract the LANDesk install package and grab a brand new fresh ldvpe1.img and see if that helps out.
Then if no go then i would start looking at updating the broadcom drivers...
The core version, which was pushed out to all the PXE reps... Copying a brand-new one from the original 8.8, resizing it and re-pushing it fixed the sdclient error.
Down to a few little OSD oddities, but this is now working.