5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2010 7:16 AM by philh

Unable to delete a Response Agreement ?

Rookie

I'm just trying to set up the Response Agreement for our application, but there was a pre-existing Response Agreement containing old Agreement Rules. So I decided to create a new Response Agreement, containing the correct Agreement Rules, with the intention of deleting the pre-existing Response Agreement once this was completed.

However on trying to delete the pre-existing Response Agreement, I receive the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and the operation fails Is there any way to delete this pre-existing Response Agreement ? I'd hate to have to go through and manually remove each individual Agreement Rule ... (it was far quicker to set up the new Response Agreement than it would've been to go through and manually remove all the old Agreement Rules).

• 1. Re: Unable to delete a Response Agreement ?
          Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Phil,

Bit of a cheat:  Import a single new rule to the old agreement.  Importing rules deletes all existing rules so the job is done for you, you can then delete this rule you imported and then the Response Agreement.  This assumes  that it is the rules that are stopping the agreement from being deleted, if it isn't, could you post more of the details of the exception message you get please?

Thanks,

Lara

• 2. Re: Unable to delete a Response Agreement ?
            Rookie

Lara,

I'd love to give that a go, but unfortunately I'm falling at the first hurdle ... I'm trying to export the existing Response Agreement rules, so that I can then delete all but one of them from the Excel spreadsheet and then re-import it back in as suggested. However when I select the Export action I receive the following error message:

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error:80040154"

I couldn't find the Excel spreadsheet after receiving this error, so I assume that this caused the export operation to fail (where should I expect to find the exported results anyway ?).

Phil

• 3. Re: Unable to delete a Response Agreement ?
              Apprentice

hi Phil,

The error

"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error:80040154" is related to the fact that where ever you are doing the export from (server I presume) doesn't have MS Excel installed. You could install MS Office on the machine and it would export without a problem. Alternatively you could extract the data directly into Excel from your Service Desk db with the same attributes (fields) as are contained in your Agreement rules.

you would have to know your own db set pretty well though.

rgds,

Dave

• 4. Re: Unable to delete a Response Agreement ?
                Rookie

Ah, I did wonder if that might be the problem when I saw it was looking for a CLSID I'll sort it out on a machine that has MS Excel installed, and retry - thanks for the info.

Phil

• 5. Re: Unable to delete a Response Agreement ?
                  Rookie

Lara,

I finally managed to get around to trying out your suggested work-around. It does indeed work (once I worked my way through the whole hassle of setting up Data Connections etc.) and saved a lot of time compared to manually deleting individual records

Phil H