3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 11:57 PM by Admddi

Unknown status code 0x8DB000FF when deploying a package

Rookie

Hello,

I've been trying to deploy the newly released Adobe CS5 through LDMS 8.8 SP3 and hitting somewhat of a speed bump.

All packages deploy without a problem except for the full Master Collection package.

Weighs about 9Gb, have tried both run from source and download from source with the same result. The package starts deploying and then fails with the above error code and the task log looks like this :

Downloading file http://<server removed>/Packages/Package_PAO/Adobe/Master Collection CS5/64Bits/Adobe Master Collection CS5/Build/Setup/payloads/AdobeAmericanEnglishSpeechAnalysisModels2All/AdobeAmericanEnglishSpeechAnalysisModels2All.boot.xml (2Bp1W+pKy8wor6rnT/d9kA==, 11)
      Wed, 09 Jun 2010 09:18:50 Downloading file 72 of 886 from 'http://<server removed>/Packages/Package_PAO/Adobe/Master Collection CS5/64Bits/Adobe Master Collection CS5/Build/Setup/payloads/AdobeAmericanEnglishSpeechAnalysisModels2All/AdobeAmericanEnglishSpeechAnalysisModels2All.boot.xml'

It justs stops there, no error in the log, it looks like it just fails to download file #72 (always the same file).

I've tried recreating the package (with Adobe's deployment tool which is prett much fool proof), no better.

Tried accessing the XML file with the URL LDMS is using and no problem there.

Any ideas before I hit the "Submit new case" button ?

• 1. Re: Unknown status code 0x8DB000FF when deploying a package
          Expert

The package is 9gb in size? My guess would be that if the package is actually that big, you might be hitting a timeout for the download. Alternatively, if you are downloading it rather than running from source, is it possible that the target machine does not have enough space on the drive where the sdmcache directory is located? Another thing may be that your antivirus does not like one of the files and is preventing the copy. as an example, Autorun.inf is one of those files that a lot of antivirus software will prevent from being copied to a share.

• 2. Re: Unknown status code 0x8DB000FF when deploying a package
            Rookie

Timeout is unlikely, we have other packages that take longer than this one without a problem.

Disk space on the target computer(s) is fine, but I'll see if the Antivirus has anything to do with this.

• 3. Re: Unknown status code 0x8DB000FF when deploying a package
              Rookie

Well, problem solved. It wasn't the Antivirus program after all.

That specific file that would stop the task suffered from one of the oldest entries in the book I think : Full filename + full path was too long (over 256 characters). Swapped it around a bit, shortened some folder names and it's fine now.