13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 3:49 AM by homermg

Hash of file in cache did not match...

Apprentice

Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy CS4 to a mac.

Im allways recieve this error: Hash of file in cache did not match hash recieved on command line.

Other application are running without any problems. But ther other apps are much smaller than the cs4(cs4 is about 7GB and other apps are about 700MB)

Can anybody please help me?

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
          Apprentice

no one who can help me? or Im wrong here?

• 2. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
            egarlepp Employee

What version of LDMS? SPs?  What version is Client running of the agent and OS?

• 3. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
              Basti79 Apprentice

Hi

we have the same problem.

The environment is an LDMS 9. without SPs :-) . The client OS is an WIN7 64 Bit.

The problem result comes from the Main File in the Package. 

When we change the installation file. We get the same message with code 16417. We make "Reset Package Hash" but the problem is existing.

Only the remove from LANDesk an change the locationpath of the files, resolves the problm.

cu Basti

• 4. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                Apprentice

Hi Basti,

thanks for response

but Im not sure what do mean with remove from Landesk?

best regards

• 5. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                  SupportEmployee

Homermg,

Did you try looking at any of these articles?

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-8224

Something in there might help you. Are your clients updated to LD9? In version 8.8 if you are using peer download then it was possible to download a bad file from a peer. In 9 one of the changes made was to hash the file before download from a peer.

The work around that Sebastian mentions will work for 8.8 clients if there is a corrupt file on a peer. When you change the path of the package then when it checks peers to see if they have the file it is a new path so peers don't think they do and then they will get the file from the core or preferred server. LD9 clients wont have this problem as I mentioned earlier because they hash before download and if it isn't right they go to the core or preferred server anyway.

• 6. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                    Apprentice

Hi snowman,

unfortuntly your link will not help me, because i have no error message with ".. additional files"

as i can see a big part of the packge was downloaded in the cache of the client.

And we are working with LDMS 9.0.0.473

Also i cant see the log by clicking on "Failed" in the scheduled tasks"

and

The client is downloding only 1,02 GB of the pakcage

Can you help me please to solve this issue?

• 7. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                      SupportEmployee

Homermg,

What program are you deploying? Which delivery method are you using? How big is the package? So I can see if I can duplicate the behavior.

• 8. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                        Apprentice

Snowman

Adobe CS4

Delivery type: Policy-supported push

Delivery method: Standard policy supported push distribution

14,1 GB

Im trying all the day today and saw sometime the client recive about 2GB and sometimes about 1 GB. Sometimes i see this error: Error downloading package 105 und sometimes this message: Hash of file in cache did not match hash recieved on command line.

• 9. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                          Basti79 Apprentice

Hello everybody,

I'm sorry that I answer only now. We have located the error.
                          If you create a software distribution package in LANDesk, and then generates the software distribution via right click "create Sheduled task", a distribution created with push Policy.

I add a PC to distribute and run the task. Then one realizes that an error in the primary file (primary file exchange). Now you delete the client from the distribution task. After you replace the bad file on the server. The last thing you open the LANDesk distribution packages, making "Reset Package Hash". Now we distribute the package again and gets the error message with the Hashfile.

Here is the error. the distribution continues to rely on the package. In the database you can see that is not the hash of Primärfile can be reset. you must stop until all the tasks, delete or cancel the show on the package. are all the old task paused, you can now do a reset hash. Then we created a new task, and now everything works.

The problem is that the Primärfile still in use and not the hash can be reset.

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-11043

cu Basti

• 10. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                            Apprentice

Hi Basti79,

what do you mean with the error in the primary file? I have only one dmg file which i can install with ARD without any problems, so i think my package is ok.

• 11. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                              Basti79 Apprentice

Hi Homermg,

I understand, what you mean. Is it possible, that you use preferred server? And do you change your dmg file after your first deployment?

cu basti

• 12. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                                Apprentice

Hi Basti79,

yes im using preferred serverf.

and after i created the silent installation of cs4 it consist of many files. This i can deploy via ARD without any problems. But i can't use it with landesk because of windows system, the setup.app is on landesk a folder and not a file like on mac. So i have to created a dmg and copy all the cs4 stuff in this dmg. After that i copied thsi dmg to our preferred server and create a task.

Thats it.

Any idea?

• 13. Re: Hash of file in cache did not match...
                                  Apprentice

Hi all,

so i have to go on with CS4.

I think it should be possible to install the package via script like im doing it with ARD.

I would like to run a script with landesk to start the installation from the preferred Server.

At the moment Im using this script with Apple Remote Desktop:

sudo "./CS4/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup" --mode=silent --deploymentFile="./CS4/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/install.xml"

Can anyone help me with it please? Im not sure how i can to implement it.

tahnks inadvance

Im using landesk 9