4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 5:45 AM by katharinah

sysprep fails after Installing LDMS 9.0

katharinah Rookie

Hi Community,

i have a really big problem with OS Deployment after Installing LDMS 9.0.

We have 2 OSD-Scripts in our old environment (LDMS 8.8 SP3) which are working fine.

After Imaging sysprep will be injected and the mini-setup runs without prompting anything.

Now we installed a new Server (Windows server 2008 R2) with LDMS 9.0

we migrated this 2 OSD Scripts and they are not running.

I think the OSD Script can't inject the sysprep.inf so the mini-setup is asking for example for the EULA.

now we tried and tried so much and i finally found an sysprep.inf which works when i put this in the OSD Script as an template

But when want to change something in this new OSD Script it doesn't work anymore. I can't explain this to me....because in our old environment (which is still active) everything works fine.

Maybe somebody can help me. I'm really gettin insane :-)

I attached my OSD Scripts which are working and which are not working.

Thanks a lot

katharina

• 1. Re: sysprep fails after Installing LDMS 9.0
          EMiranda Expert

the files you are posting are all sysprep files.

Can you post your actual OSD scripts and possibly your OSD logs to see if it is failing at copying the sysprep inf into the image.

Also you should remove all your servernames\usernames\passwords from things you post on here.  These forums are public, you never know...

• 2. Re: sysprep fails after Installing LDMS 9.0
            katharinah Rookie

Hi Emiranda,

jip jip i actually forgot a few things :-)

okay here are the complete OSD scripts and the log files

Thanks

• 3. Re: sysprep fails after Installing LDMS 9.0
              EMiranda Expert

i looked through the files and i don't see anything out of the ordinary. It "should" work.

One thought is. When you make changes to your sysprep file are you making the changes to the sysprep file that you used when you did "install scripts" on the core or the sysprep file that is connected to your OSD script, because essentially they are 2 different sysprep files.

the orginal sysprep file you used in "install scripts" is used when you actually create the OSD script.  When you hit save, a copy of that sysprep file is created in \\%servername%\ldmain\landesk\files\Deploy_FSC4220_Final_Pro07.inf" or http://%servername%/landesk/files/Deploy_FSC4220_Final_Pro07.inf"

so if you go and modify the one you used in "install scripts" will have no effect on the one that is in \\%servername%\ldmain\landesk\files\Deploy_FSC4220_Final_Pro07.inf unless you EDIT the OSD script and SAVE it again.

you should make changes to the sysprep file by ADVANCE EDIT which brings up that copy.

The only other thing i can think of that could be an issue is maybe that OSD script somehow got corrupted during the migration.  Possibly be a good idea to create a fresh new OSD script on the core.

you can also try to eliminate the reboot command at the end of your OSD script and re-do the image job.  After the image is done, open up the command prompt in WinPE and browse to c:\sysprep and open up the sysprep file and see if it put down the right one...

• 4. Re: sysprep fails after Installing LDMS 9.0
                katharinah Rookie

Hi,

okay so much questions :-)

okay i don't make changes in the "install scripts" section - this one is for provisioning, right ?

i make all my changes to the sysprep file by ADVANCE EDIT and after that i save the script.

"Possibly be a good idea to create a fresh new OSD script on the core." --> i tried everything: i took my old script from the old core server but i also created a few new osd scripts - so this can't be the problem :-(

Okay i will try to look at the sysprep file after imaging and give you an answer.

Do you have any other ideas ?

thanks a lot

katharina