2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2010 12:47 PM by zman

    Application installation is delayed...

    Rookie

      Hello,

       

      We are using Landesk 9 and have a problem with software distribution. We have created a scheduled task based on a policy that shows the application in the portal (optional - once). The user choose therefore when he wants to install the application. The problem is that  about 95% of our clients don't see the application in the portal. The Landesk Console shows "Pending" for the scheduled task, while the PC status shows "Delayed" (The policy has been advertised in the Landesk Software Deployment Portal). We have waited for several days, but the status for almost every PC did not change: the software cannot be installed.

       

      We have read in the forum that someone has written a script that deletes the client local DB. We have tried it on one PC, it didn't help.

       

      Has someone another idea ?

       

      Regards

      Nicolas

        • 1. Re: Application installation is delayed...
          Expert

          What policy did you use? Try switching to "as desired" and see if that is what you are looking for. Are you haveing any problems with any other distribution packages not appearing or running?

          • 2. Re: Application installation is delayed...
            zman Master
            1. In your client under Software Distribution | Policy Options how often are you checking for policy updates?
            2. What is your delivery type - Push | Policy | PSP | etc...?
            3. Is the policy showing in the local client DB? Pick Your Poison http://community.landesk.com/support/message/5611 it will be listed in PortalTaskInformation. Or http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-5940
              1. If not showing locally it is probaly a problem witht he client communicating with the core.
            4. LANDesk Policy Invoker Service running on the client? If it is installing on 5% and not on the other 95% sounds like a client side issue.
            5. Logs
              1. \landesk\LDClient\policy.sync.log | policy.client.invoker.log | policy.cgi.log | policy.client.portal.log
              2. \landesk\Shared Files\residentagent.log | proxyhost.log | servicehost.log
            6. Fast blaster approach if you don't want to do any troubleshooting is to reinstall the client on a broken machine.