5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 8:09 AM by karenpeacock

Error whe add incident

Apprentice

Hi All,

Im using LDSD 731and Database using SQL Server 2008.

I created add incident action in my process. When i execute that action and select the incident from the list, error appear.

Please attach file for see error.

oia,one more question. When i execute add incident action, incident list appear(like query result). can i re-configure the list content?if its can reconfigure, where i configure?

Thanks for kindly help

Igun

• 1. Re: Error whe add incident
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Igun

I think it uses the same query as specified in this article:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-6416

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Error whe add incident
            Apprentice

Thanks Karen,

but how about the error?

Regards,

Igun

• 3. Re: Error whe add incident
              Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Igun,

Edit the Default Query to only display results that are at a status where the Add parent/Child action is available.  Alternatively, you can edit your process to have those actions available at every status - it depends on how you want to control it.

Thanks,

Lara

• 4. Re: Error whe add incident
                Apprentice

Hi Karen,

I've  default Query set on the Object.

Would you describe more detail Karen? step by step solution very helpfull to me.

thanks,

Igun

• 5. Re: Error whe add incident
                  karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Igun

What Lara was saying is that you will see an error when you select an incident from the list which isn't at the right status in the process to allow add parent / child.  So you will need to make a decision based on your business requirement of this functionality about how best you would like to fix this.  You can either remove the incidents from the list (query) if they are not at the right status to be selected here.  Or if you do need to be able to select those items in the list which error, then you will need to make a change to the process design for those incidents to add in this action at the right status in the process.

I am afraid that it is not as straight forward as giving step by step instructions as this will need someone who is more familiar with what you want to achieve and also your current process design.

If you want to remove the incidents that error from the list so they can't be selected and you aren't sure how to do this please contact your support provider for personal advice.

If you would prefer to alter your process design, and you are not confident with doing process design work yourself, then you may want to consider purchasing a small amount of consultancy work.  If you would like to learn about process design yourself there are training courses available or you can read through the relevant sections of the LDSDDesigner manual.

Best wishes

Karen