1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2010 11:48 AM by teeauu

postcgi.exe error with vulscan - LANDesk 9.0

Apprentice

LANDesk 9.0 SP1 (though this existed before we put SP1 on last week), Server 2003 SP2, SQL 2005.

I can not get a security scan to complete sucessfully, either launched remotely or on the client. Everything goes well until it goes to send the results to the server and I end up with a "server busy" message in the vulscan dialog box.

Looking at the vulscan and IIS logs we are getting an IIS 406 error when trying to run postcgi.exe

2010-07-06 15:27:42 10.89.46.47 POST /incomingdata/postcgi.exe prefix=ldlogon\VulScanResults\&name={D2A119A4-AD8C-6C42-A94C-F96509D7776F}.vrz 80 - 10.89.46.30 Microsoft-ATL-Native/9.00 406 0 109

I've checked permissions, app pools, web sites and web pools until my eyes are bleary but everything checks out ok. Have also rebooted, reset IIS, reinstalled .Net 2.xxxx, all with no change.

I've attached a vulscan.log file.

I've run filemon on the server while a scan was running on a client and the only problems it really points to with postcgi.exe are:

Name invalid for d:\program files\landesk\managementsuite\incomingdata\postcgi.exe\

and

Not found for D:\program files\landesk\managementsuite\incomingdata\postcgi.exe.Config

when attempting a file open operation.

No file or permission access issues at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Todd