4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2010 5:13 PM by dmshimself

Customer has a process for status which needs removing

Rookie

I have an existing process for a customer which seems to move the customer between the status's of Is Suspect->Prospect->Customer->Ex-Customer

which I don't really understand . I need to detach this whole process from the screen. Is this possible ?   It seems there is some setting somewhere which is starting the status off at 'Is Suspect' too which I need to switch off/remove .

• 1. Re: Customer has a process for status which needs removing
          Expert

Every screen needs a process or the screen won't work.  The screen just hold information, the process tells the screen how to work.  So if you don't understand what the process is doing I would be real careful.

"It seems there is some setting somewhere which is starting the status  off at 'Is Suspect' too which I need to switch off/remove."

My guess is that the object (table) has a default starting value that sets the status to "Is Suspect" or there is a calculation setting this for you.

• 2. Re: Customer has a process for status which needs removing
            dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

That process sounds like the standard and confusingly named Customer Group system process which is in the system area.  This used to be the only way of creating a customer group and was to do a sort of CRM type function when 'winning' a customer.  It's not really needed very much now, so I'm not sure where you are seeing this process or where you want to detach it from or why.  Hints please!

You could just right hand click and disable the process - not advised unless you know why you no longer need the process. You could also just remove any queries that display these 'processes' and no-one will see them any more.

• 3. Re: Customer has a process for status which needs removing
              Rookie

Thanks for your response dave . We have incident which is related to a customer. The way our users currently have the system set up is that they enter an incident  and then have a link on this window to open a new window to enter a customer. This customer can be prospect customer , actual customer etc... (customer status)  .  I don't fully appreciate how processes work and there is little documentation. Therefore I am thinking all I need is a drop down where the user selects one of the status's (prospect , actual customer etc...) and allow them to save the details. What I have done therefore, is to remove the old process and have a new one which are both shown attached . The new one starts as 'IS Suspect' and moves the status to 'Customer'.

• 4. Re: Customer has a process for status which needs removing
                dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I guess it depends on the requirements.  The advantage of the customer group process is that it can control things a bit more as it is a process, but that might be more than you need.  For sure you could have a drop down in the way you describe and that would be easy for people to change.  It may be you'd want to prevent people turning a customer back into a suspect again which is fairly easy if you use the process.