2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 12:53 PM by Jlevron

Query to find multiple versions of a software package

Rookie

I am Trying to write a query to find which machines have multiple versions of the same software package, ie Office 2000, 2003 and Office 2007 on the same machine. I start the query looking for office 2000 or 2003 and then stick an and statment for office 2007.  For the columns I add the Application suite name.  When I run the query i get more than just the office apps.  It list way more stuff than i need.  How can I get the and/or stament to show me just the machines that have Office 2000, 2003, and 2007  loaded on them and have the name of the app in the column?

• 1. Re: Query to find multiple versions of a software package
          JSMCPN Expert

Without seeing your actual query, it is hard to tell what needs done.

Paste this code into a text editor and save it as an XML file.  Import the XML into your queries, compare it to your query, and report your findings back to this thread!  On line 2, be sure to edit YOURCORENAME.

Jesse

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
          <managementsuite core="YOURCORENAME" exported-utc="7/15/2010 16:15:43">
            <query>
              <name value="All Office Variants" />
              <where value="(&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  =  &quot;2007 Microsoft Office system&quot;                      OR                      &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  =  &quot;Microsoft Office Standard 2007&quot;                      OR                      &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;%Microsoft Office XP%&quot;          OR          &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  =  &quot;2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)&quot;          OR          &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  =  &quot;2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)&quot;        OR        &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;%Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003%&quot;        OR        &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;  Like  &quot;%Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003%&quot;)                AND                &quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Primary Owner&quot;  Not Like  &quot;%webmax%&quot;" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Display Name&quot;" header="Device name" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Login Name&quot;" header="Login Name" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Network&quot;.&quot;TCPIP&quot;.&quot;Address&quot;" header="Address" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;" header="Name" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Last Updated by Inventory Server&quot;" header="Last Updated by Inventory Server" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;System&quot;.&quot;Model&quot;" header="Model" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Primary Owner&quot;" header="Primary Owner" />
              <field value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Description&quot;" header="Description" />
              <sort value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Software&quot;.&quot;Application Suites&quot;.&quot;Application Suite&quot;.&quot;Name&quot;" />
              <sort value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Last Updated by Inventory Server&quot;" />
              <sort value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Login Name&quot;" />
              <sort value="&quot;Computer&quot;.&quot;Display Name&quot;" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
              <qualifier value="" />
            </query>
          </managementsuite>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Query to find multiple versions of a software package
            Rookie

This may sound dumb but, when I convert to xml with word, landesk tells me not a valid file.  What text editor do you recommend to convert back to xml.

Here is my query what i was trying to do. see attached.  ( Couldn't get it into the window.)