3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2008 10:16 AM by JanC

Request timed out after image deploy., while copy driver files over network.

Rookie

hi there.

I have a problem when I try to deploy image using pxe boot.

first step... the pc pxe boot and it gets a ipadress. so far so good.

then it start a dos enviroment and image is automaticly being deployed on the machine over a network share.(core server)

after the image is being deployed the deployment script  then copy's driver files from the core server to the pc's C drive. and under the copy the pc is being disconnected from the network and the when I try to ping the pc from the core server I get a "Request timed out."

the driver file It try to copy is 6 mbyte. but the image is over 1 gigabyte. so why does it firs disconneted when it copy a small file over network. and not while imaging the pc. hmmm.....

if I ping the pc under under image deployment (before it is being disconnted) it reply with > 10 mili seconds. and it is not always it is disconnected. some pc's don't disconneted from network while some other does.. so it is random. but it is the same type of model.. (IBM T61)

can anyone help me explain what I can try to do to trouble shoot the problem.. is it landesk pxe that has the problem or is it the network or..... ?

• 1. Re: Request timed out after image deploy., while copy driver files over network.
          bnelson Employee

can you attach your script here so we can take a look at it?

• 2. Re: Request timed out after image deploy., while copy driver files over network.
            Rookie

the script is a kix script witch is being called.. here is section that copy's the drivers from the share to the pc's driver directory:

i don't know so mutch about kix scripting but i guess this is the section...

maby it has something to do whith the computer model .. because we just reciveded some new pc's from lenovo and none of them works.. maby they have som hardware installed that makes it  disconnet.. maby a harddisk that can not work in dos mode. or something.. hmm

; Inject drivers

; *******************************************************************************

if $TYPE <> "-"

shell "h:\progs\dos\fworkcl.exe /c $DRVfolder\$TYPE 0 1 $DRVinject /s"

else

endif

if $debug shell "command /c echo TYPE selected: $TYPE > h:\Debug\TYPE.txt" endif

• 3. Re: Request timed out after image deploy., while copy driver files over network.
              Rookie

I've got a mixed laptop environment with everything from a T40 to a T61p and our DOS T60 OSD script (also used for the T61) which uses Ghost looks like this:

REMEXEC28=echo Running OS Imaging tool. Please wait...

REMEXEC29="h:\ghost.exe -clone,mode=load,src=i:\Images\apichal.gho,dst=1 @h:\ghost.cfg", STATUS FACILITY=3511

REMEXEC30=h:\mouse OFF

REMEXEC31=r:\dos\tokrepl.exe r:\guid.pds DEVICEID=%Computer - Device ID%

REMEXEC32=r:\dos\tokrepl.exe r:\guid.pds IMAGEPATH=
              ldcore\hdi$\Images\apichal.gho

REMEXEC33=r:\dos\tokrepl.exe r:\sysprep.inf COMPUTERNAME=%Computer - Device Name%

REMEXEC34=r:\dos\fworkcl.exe /c r:\guid.pds 0 1 \LDISCAN.CFG

REMEXEC35=r:\dos\fworkcl.exe /c r:\sysprep.inf 0 1 \sysprep\sysprep.inf

REMEXEC36=r:\dos\fworkcl.exe /c r:\ldsleep.exe 0 1 \ldsleep.exe

REMEXEC360=h:\omnifs mkdir 1.1:\Drivers\

REMEXEC361=h:\omnifs copy h:\Images\Laptops\T60\drivers.exe 1.1:\drivers.exe

REMEXEC37=reboot

The OSD script utilizes OMNIFS (part of the ghost suite) to create a driver directory in the newly written file system, then copies a drivers.exe self extracting archive to the root of the drive where it will be extracted after reboot and before the sysprep process begins (using ldprep and ldpreprun).  We use omnifs because we're using Ghost images.