2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2013 3:10 AM by KaiEilert

How to add attachment in XML file using OpenTouch

Apprentice

Hi,

I want to add attachment script in XML file using TPSClientConfig.exe but I cannot find way to do it.

Do I need to create my own script to add attachment? If can I don't want to touch the script in XML file that has been create using TPSClientConfig.exe because I not familiar with programming language.

Besides, can the attachment file using different format, such as .doc/.pdf in XML file?

Dodi

• 1. Re: How to add attachment in XML file using OpenTouch
          Apprentice

In addition, I go through the LANDesk database, the attachment been stored as hexadecimal string and also the attachment properties like filename, filesize, filetype and generate guid which refer to the table and column whereby the hexadecimal file stored.

So, in OpenTouch, correct me if I'm wrong, I think it doesn't have function to generate and capture the attachment properties like in LANDesk Service Desk. I can find XML script for add attachment function but the problem I still doesn't know how to make the system recognize it as attachment and generate the guid with the attachment properties.

Should be nice if someone can give me sample of script or workaround for me?

• 2. Re: How to add attachment in XML file using OpenTouch
            KaiEilert Apprentice

Hi Dodiy,

did you find a solution for your problem?

I would also like to transfer Attachments. Ideally over the OpenTouch interface.

Thanks!

Kai