3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2010 11:02 AM by mrspike

9.0 Agent version after SP1 Installed

Rookie

What is the current 9.0 agent version and the vagent ersion after the 9.0 Core is updated to SP1? We installed the SP1 for 9.0 Core server and Console, rebuild the agent in the comsole and pushed the new updated agents. But the current version that I see is 9.0.0.473 and was wondering if the version is the same, or is it supposed to be changed after the SP1 is installed on the Core Server?

• 1. Re: 9.0 Agent version after SP1 Installed
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

The console and some other files will show that version even after installing SP1.

You can check the version of the client by looking at the inventory as shown in the image, you want LDIscn32.exe to be at least 9.0.1.20

You can build a query on this as needed... also you should be able to go to Security & Patch (/Compliance) and look under LANDesk for "type" and it will show what systems still need to be patched

ld_sp1_check.jpg

• 2. Re: 9.0 Agent version after SP1 Installed
            Rookie

James,

Thanks for your reply. What I did is, install the SP1 on the core server, install SP1 console, but I did not install the client SP1. Is that the problem why I am not getting the newer version you have shown?

After I install the SP1 on the core server, I just rebuild the agent and pushed it out from the console to all our client PC. So my question is, I need to create a install package for the client SP1 installed to all our computers, correct?

Joseph

• 3. Re: 9.0 Agent version after SP1 Installed
              mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Rebuilding the agent (you used the "rebuild all" icon to rebuild, correct?) and pushing them out should have done the trick.

An alternative would have been to push the client patch out to the client.

Are you sure you are getting new invenotry data

1 of 1 people found this helpful