4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2010 2:38 AM by lianne.redding

Decisions in process

lianne.redding Apprentice

Is there a limit to the number of decisions you can have in a row in process in Service Desk 7.3.2 - i think it used to be 8 pre 7.3.2.  I have 24 and I need to add in 4 more - keep getting timeout errors.  I have tried putting a status, precondition, auto action in and then carry on with decicsions but still get the timeout error

Thanks,

Lianne.

• 1. Re: Decisions in process
          JulianWigman Expert

Li

I've got 23 in a row.

Your 24 is spookily close to a multiple of 8 so lets hope the max hasn't risen to this ceiling instead.

I thought there was no ceiling now so interested what LANDesk have to say on this one too.

Julian

• 2. Re: Decisions in process

Same thoughts as me on the 24 being multiple of 8.  Have logged an incident too so will update this post if i get a response through the incident rather than on here

• 3. Re: Decisions in process
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I generally crank up <add key="WebServiceTimeout" value="120000" /> to be 1200000, but if that doesn't help how about making some of those sequences a calculation that combines things together?

• 4. Re: Decisions in process

Thanks Dave - already tried the timeout value.  Also tried doing the design work directly on the web server to cut out some network traffic - still no joy.  The process already has calculations to 'lump' things together - trying to model a new starter process based on a form they already use which has a zillion checkboxes on it and something different needs to happen based on items (or groups of items) being selected.  I may be able to trim it down a bit further by grouping more things together in decisions but it doesn't give as nice a solution, but if there's no alternative then that'll be my next option