1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 9:39 AM by mark.depalma

AHCI and IDE Issues

I am having issues getting OSD to work with all of the workstations at my workplace. Before I came in no one was even using OSD. I was able to get it working for our new batch of workstations that came in. I had to follow these instructions here (http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1157) at first to get it to work, but it has been working on the newer computers fine after I passed that issue. The issue now is if I try to boot to WinPE on an older computer or a comptuer that is using Legacy IDE settings they just halt at a blue screen (error 0x0000007E). If I remove the SATA drivers I am able to boot to WinPE, but of course I cannot access the hard drive. I also have this same problem when using a BartPE image, I have to use two different images for our workstations. We have an old Bart PE image that the person before me made and that one works on both AHCI and non AHCI computers without a problem (except it doesn't have the lastest NIC drivers). Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong? I am also using the Intel 9.6 Rapid Storage Drivers.