4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2010 2:17 AM by Evie

Can I use two different forms?

Rookie

Morning

I have created two different forms. I want to be able to use them within  Incident Process.  I want to create shortcuts in Workspace so that assistants can log an Incident or non-Incident and choose which form to use.  Is this possible ?

• 1. Re: Can I use two different forms?
          Apprentice

Hi Evie,

You have to create views and view rules (In WindowsManager, a the bottom of the tree).

All is described in LDSD Docs.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Regards

Christophe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can I use two different forms?
            JulianWigman Expert

Hi

Whilst you can use Views to determine which windows are linked to Actions in the process, I dont recall you can have a single process that has more than one main/base window and be able to selectively choose which one to use from the shortcut bar. 

In scenarios where I need this I have created a copy/clone of the process and then with views you CAN associate the base window with a process.

ie Say you are in Change Module and have "Process 1" and clone/copy it to create "process 2"

In Views  -  Create View:  "View 1"

In Selected Business Objects - Add Object: "Change Management.Change"

In Window Rules   -  Add Rule: Process ="Process 1" ,  Action = "",  Object State = Any" ,  Window = "Base Window for process 1"

In Views  -  Create View:  "View 2"

In Selected Business Objects - Add Object: "Change Management.Change"

In Window Rules   -  Add Rule:  Process ="Process 2" ,  Action = "",  Object State = Any" ,  Window = "Base Window for process 2"

Then you can add shortcuts to this process on the shortcut bar.

That's the only way I know to do this.

Downside is that is uses an extra process license!

Regards

Julian

• 3. Re: Can I use two different forms?
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

One approach would be to have a drop down or check box on the frist form which says if this is an incident/non-incident.  You can then use the process designer to force the process down one route or another and then have an action in each part which collects the incident data on one form and non-incident data on another.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Can I use two different forms?
                Rookie

Thanks for your suggestions

Dave I think your are closest to what I am aming at so I will try this and see if it works.....will probably be back with more questions.

Thanks again

Evie