I want to promote the use of Crystal reports server and I wonder why there is not much information and advice how to use it with LANDesk.
I have been using it now for a couple of months and find a couple of benefits.
1. I do the "intelligent" connections between tables on the datalevel and when this is done it can be used by many crystal reports
2. I can do the formulas on the same level and they can be used by many crystal reports. When I change a formula ( Ever done that?) it will apply directly to all reports using this level.
3. I set upp 3 dataconnectors to three databas environments ( Dev LANDesk, TEST LANDesk and PRODUCTION LANDesk). I can in runtime choose which database is to be used. Save me lots of time i testing and verification.
4. Crystal reports can be scheduled and emailed.
5. There is a WEB environment where you can control access to reports to groups or individual users. Either a link from console or from Serviiceportal. The same maintenance regardless from where you access the reports.
I would be very happy if LANdesk would invest in distributing high level datalayers in a ootb fashion in Crystal Reports Server form. Have any thoughts been on this possibility.
A few examples:
First there is the data table connection layer
Out of this data layer You define a data element where You decide which attributes shall be used from the data layer above
All dependencies and layers are easy visualized:
And one crystal report ( and any other layer) runned through Crystal Reports server can have multiple dynamic datasources.
There is more...
Has anybody else experience of using Crystal Reports Server?