8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2010 8:06 AM by steveperks

OSD PXE Error

Apprentice

Hi Guys

We are now use LDMS 9 sp1, all working fine, i have a issue with the OSD Proxy, checking the error log on the core i'm getting a ERR_Fail",-1917190145

I done a search and I cannot find the error in forum, anyone have an idea what this error is?

You help greatly recieved....

Thanks

Steve

• 1. Re: OSD PXE Error
          Apprentice

On checking I think its the win pe image, it seems to stall when the drvmap.exe runs in the boot image...i'm checking the cert to see if its the issue.

steve

• 2. Re: OSD PXE Error
            Apprentice

So i've now think i'm making headway, i've going over the best known methods, i've noticed that in V9 LDVPE1.IMG no longer used, its now as i understand it called boot.img,

Is there an updated V9 document is can refer too.

steve

• 3. Re: OSD PXE Error
              Apprentice

Hi

I have resolved my issue.

Apon checking the advanced edit feature in the job, i noticed that by default the login details of the script had a doman\firstname surname, the space inbetween the username was causing issues, i applied a "domain\user name" to the script, job done...

thanks

Steve

• 4. Re: OSD PXE Error
                Apprentice

Just an update, i'm getting the error again, it seems that the core is refusing the login details, when i use the win pe console and manually map the drive it works, the H: drive is refused in the script...anyone have an idea whats going on...

steve

• 5. Re: OSD PXE Error
                  Apprentice

Just an update on this issue.

It seems that my username and password are being rejected in the deployment script, but are being acceptied if i do it manual.

The PXE boot rep is being used fine, It gets to download the img file, it then runs drvmap exe (which tries to map the h: on the core\ldmain) it fails with a error shown on the console, i can access the folder on core\ldmain-no problem there.

Also, if i make any changes to the script-in advance edit, then run the job i notice that the error log still displays the error before i made changes. it as if the core is not syncing...Has any one any ideas?

steve

• 6. Re: OSD PXE Error
                    Apprentice

I've got it working, it seems to hang at the ldrun in the script -removing this in advance edit solves my issue....

for example..

"ldrun=drvmap.exe core\username GGGKTGTF5868586g~ H: <qt/>\\core\ldmain<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513" fails but edit to

"drvmap.exe "core\username" GGGKT5868586g~ H: <qt/>\\core\ldmain<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513" works

Now from my understanding is that if your username is {First Surname} format with a space it will fail, i had to enclose the domain and username with "domain\username" in the script....

Jumping through hoops springs to mine...

thanks

steve

• 7. Re: OSD PXE Error
                      jabramson Apprentice

In 8.8, it uses  REMEXEC18=drvmap.exe and I assume in 9 they changed it to ldrun=drvmap.exe core\username. One question I have is the quotes " " you add. Are these on the command line or did you just add them for affect?

Also in 8.8, the format is:

REMEXEC18=drvmap.exe domainname\username encryptedpassword driveletter <qt/>\\server\share<qt/>

Did the format change in 9? I would also suggest if you have a space in the username to put <qt/>domainname\username<qt/> as a test.

• 8. Re: OSD PXE Error
                        Apprentice

The " " was added via the advance edit, as i found the the core was rejecting the username format so it would be "core\firstname (space)surname" it was not for effect.

Yeah the format did change in 9, from remexec18=drvmap.exe ...to remexec=ldrun drvmap.exe - i removed the ldrun in advance edit of the script and i works fine...

I've also tried what you have suggested, every time it get err_fail Error, which pointed to logon, so i put in the " "...everything works..Strange i know..

steve