4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2010 8:40 AM by tarmour

ROI report numbers not accurate

Rookie

The ROI report says that I had 176220 remote control sessions since May of 2010 for a ridiculous ROI amount of $67,602,030.

The Remote Control Summary report for the same time period says that I have only had  2593 sessions. Who is right?

Greg Smith

Fulton Schools

35k nodes

LDMS 8.8sp4

• 1. Re: ROI report numbers not accurate
          Employee

Greg,

Have you checked the ROI settings in the console? You can set a dollar figure per remote control session, software distribution, patch, etc. Look in the report tool for the ROI settings.

• 2. Re: ROI report numbers not accurate
            Rookie

Hey Ironmike,

Its not the dollar amount that concerns me, its the discrepancy between the number of remote control sessions for the same time period. I would think that the number of remote control sessions data would be pulled from the same location. The ROI report says there were 176220 sessions and the Remote Control Summary report says there were 2593 sessions. That is a difference of 173,627 sessions between reports. If I published this my management would have me on the carpet trying to explain this difference.

• 3. Re: ROI report numbers not accurate
              Employee

Greg,

Have you tried running a SQL trace to see where the numbers are coming from? I believe that the ROI data is calculated and stored in a different location than the raw remote control session data (which is stored in the RCLog table).

• 4. Re: ROI report numbers not accurate
                Apprentice

I am seeing similar results from the ROI report.  I opened a ticket with support and they are helping me query the database directly to get more accurate information.  ROI had over 38k remote sessions From June - August when we actually had more like 1500.

LD8.8 sp4 5000 nodes