3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 9:28 PM by dmshimself

Email notification after assignment using Add Reminder

Apprentice

Is there a way to add an action instance (Add Reminder) directly after an assignment to send an email to the originator. The goal is to send a seperate email to the originator that has different text from what is in the assingment (which gets sent to the assingnee). I have tried specifying all runtime values I can think off for the notify originator check box, but just can't seem to set the right one. Any ideas or a better way to accomplish this are appreciated.

• 1. Re: Email notification after assignment using Add Reminder
          ITSMMVPGroup

Yes indeed.  Add the assignment but don't send any messages (or only send the end user or analyst one but not both).  On the reminder that does the other message, for end users just check the box.  For the analyst check the box for them, BUT also set the current group and current user attributes to the process current assignment/group and user using value types.  If you don't do that, the reminder isn't sent.

I tend to use remidners throughout now and restrict assignments to just doing the assignment.  Personal choice really though.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Email notification after assignment using Add Reminder
            Apprentice

Dave, Thanks for the reply. I took your advice (i think), and essentially created two reminders (one for notifying the assignee and one for notifying the end user/originator). I specified the appropriate runtime values for the reminder going to the assignee. I also unchecked the option in the assignment to notify the assignee. I tested, but it didn't work.

After realizing this didn't work, I deleted the reminder to notify the assignee, then checkd the box in the assingment to notify the assignee. I left the reminder to notify the end user alone. I tested again and it worked!! It seems as though by reversing your suggestion, it tricked the process somehow into working. Weird. Thanks again for your help though.