2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2011 1:09 AM by jvhooijdonk

WINPE hangs on loading template

Apprentice

Hi all,

when I try to image a PC with provisioning the WINPE hangs on "loading template" and shows no menu. When I target the pc in LDMS it does load the correct template and images the PC. Any ideas how this is caused?

Thanks,

Jan

• 1. Re: WINPE hangs on loading template
          Apprentice

Did you ever get this resolved? I started having this problem a few weeks ago with users that were not LANDesk admins. It is either hanging at "loading template" or will come back and say that the username or password is incorrect (the error is- "the user name or password specified is not correct. Provide new credentials.)

I thought that this was maybe a scope issue after searching the community so I created a new scope for my provisioning users and this seemed to resolve these issues last week but it started happening again today.

However, one thing that I noticed today with our issue is this is now only occurring with certain computers. I had 15 computers that I was provisioning today but there was one that I could not even reach the provisioning menu in WinPE. (the error is- "the user name or password specified is not correct. Provide new credentials.)

Basic authentication is installed on this Win2k8R2 server (DOC-9597), as well as the COM+ permissions are set correct with a domain admin set with permissions (http://community.landesk.com/support/message/47345#47345)

We are running v9.0 SP2. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this with particular computers? (this appears to be happening)

• 2. Re: WINPE hangs on loading template
            Apprentice

Hi Sundiata,

This has been some time ago, but as I can recall I recieved a patch for it from support. Bye the way,his was not a 9.x machine, but 8.8. It had something to do with the number of PXE reps in our network. When you start a provisioning job,the system tries to update all PXE reps, if you have a lot of them like we have, the job can time out. You can bypass this by targeting the machine from the console instead of selecting the job in WINPE and wait for the policy to become available. This can take several minutes, but at least you know that the job will run.

Anyway, for 8.8 there is a patch. Maybe this is also the case for 9.X (MCP?)

Jan